- GRI disclosures
Main reporting frameworks used to prepare this Annual Integrated Report
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI): the GRI standards are the main reference for Solvay’s sustainability reporting;
- United Nations Global Compact: the information provided serves as a progress report on implementation of the United Nations Global Compact’s ten principles;
- International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC): Solvay adheres to the principles and content elements of Integrated Reporting, as described in the “International <IR> Framework” published by the IIRC;
- 2014/95/EU: Solvay uses the GRI Standards to comply with Directive 2014/95/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 amending Directive 2013/34/EU as regards disclosure of non-financial and diversity information. The Directive was transposed into Belgian law in September 2017;
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB): Solvay aligns its materiality analysis with the SASB approach to prepare the SASB Materiality Map™. For more details, see the Materiality Analysis section of this chapter.
This section includes the following topics: Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, reporting practices, materiality analysis, and stakeholder engagement.