This chapter covers the impact of the company’s operations on the environment, such as air emissions, water and wastewater, greenhouse gas emissions, and hazardous waste and substances introduced in the value chains.
How Solvay sites control their environmental footprint, in a nutshell
Environmental impacts of operations are managed through the processes and requirements embedded in the Health, Safety and Environment management systems deployed by sites in line with Solvay requirements, while hazardous substances in sold products are managed through the processes and requirements of Global Business Units’ product Safety Management Systems.
While every industrial site is different, the Group’s commitments remain the same:
- Reduce greenhouse gas intensity;
- Reduce air and water emission intensity;
- Perform regulatory compliance audits at all sites;
- Prevent incidents with environmental non-compliance;
- Follow up more effectively on waste and water intakes.