- 38 NOTE F38 Commitments to acquire property, plant and equipment and intangible assets
- 39 NOTE F39 Contingent liabilities and financial guarantees
- 40 NOTE F40 Related parties
- 41 NOTE F41 Dividends proposed for distribution
- 42 NOTE F42 Events after the reporting period
- 43 NOTE F43 List of companies included in the consolidation scope
Events after the reporting period which provide evidence of conditions that existed at the end of the reporting period (adjusting events) are recognized in the consolidated financial statements. Events indicative of conditions that arose after the reporting period are non-adjusting events and are disclosed in the notes if material.
On January 18, 2019, the European Commission cleared the divestment of Solvay's Polyamides activities to BASF, a key milestone in the completion of Solvay's transformation into an advanced materials and specialty chemicals company. The closing of the transaction is expected in the second part of 2019 after all remaining closing conditions have been fulfilled.
These conditions include the divestment of a remedy package to a third-party buyer to address the European Commission's competition concerns. BASF has offered remedies involving part of the assets originally in the scope of the acquisition. These entail among others the manufacturing assets of Solvay's polyamide intermediates, technical fibers, and engineering plastics business as well as its innovation capabilities in Europe.