Solvay’s activities impact the environment through:
- Use of raw materials based on fossil or non-renewable resources,
- Consumption of energy,
- Use of water,
- Production of waste (solid or liquid, hazardous or safe),
- NOx, SOx, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) or dust emission,
- Greenhouse gas emissions (see “Climate change” risk).
There is a risk not to meet the rising and more stringent expectations from all stakeholders regarding those impacts on environment.
Prevention and mitigation actions
- Solvay ONE Planet program will set an ambitious long term vision with a intermediary 2030 environmental plan on high materiality environmental aspects.
The geopolitical rivalries could translate into constraints to the Group operations (tariffs, investments, intellectual property, data ownership, staff mobility…).